Piazza Mentana is located in the historical city centre of Florence, in a restricted traffic area. Our guests can drive right up to the Hotel entrance.
After your arrival, the Hotel Staff will arrange for your car to be parked in our partner garage and issue a temporary, retroactive permit for access to the historic town center.
Parking costs € 35 per night €48 for SUVs, sports or luxury cars and includes a valet parking service. Your car will be delivered to you about 20 minutes after you request it.
For those arriving by car
• From the A1 highway, from Rome (South) or Milan/Venice (North), take the exit FIRENZE SUD (from the A11 take the A1 towards Rome and exit at “Firenze Sud”).
• Pass through the toolbar and take the ring road (along via Giovanni Agnelli and via Marco Polo – for about 2 km -) to Ponte del Varlungo.
• After the bridge, turn left on via Enrico De Nicola, continue to via della Casaccia and turn left on Lungarno Aldo Moro (about 1,5 km). Continue along Lungarno Cristoforo Colombo which turns into Lungarno del Tempio (about 1,3 km).
• Turn right on Viale Giovanni Amendola and, after about 200m, turn immediately left onto Viale Duca degli Abruzzi, continue towards the left to Viale della Giovine Italia (staying in the right lane) to Piazza Piave and then turn right onto Lungarno della Zecca Vecchia.
• Continue on this road that turns slightly right (on your right you will see the National Library) and then take the street Corso dei Tintori. Continue along the Corso dei Tintori until the traffic light. At the traffic light turn slightly left and immediately take the narrow road to the right called Via Vagellai. At the end of Via dei Vagellai you will be in Piazza Mentana. The Hotel Balestri is located on your left.
You can park your car in front of the hotel for unloading luggage
For those arriving by train
Guests arriving on Frecciarossa/Argento or Italo high speed trains to and from Milan, Rome and Venice, and other cities of Italy, arrive at Florence’s main station, Santa Maria Novella. They and can walk to the hotel from there (it will take approximately 20/25 minutes) or take a taxi that is the fastest and easiest choice.
For those arriving by air
By air to Florence’s Amerigo Vespucci Airport: guests may take a shuttle bus that runs to Florence’s city center (in about 30 minutes). Taxis are also available (about 15 minutes, approximate costs: 20-25 euros). For private transportation options, please contact our Concierge.
By air to Pisa’s Galileo Galilei International Airport: we suggest taking a direct train to Florence’s Santa Maria Novella Station. For private transportation options, please contact our Concierge.